Gnome broken on my box...

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jul 8 19:32:57 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I installed gnome2-lite successfully on my laptop, but on my desktop (an
AMD) I get this when I start the desktop:

-----------------------8<------------------------
"Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error",
"There was a problem registering the panel with the bonobo-activation
server.
The error code is: 3
The panel will now exit."
And
"There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work
correctly.

The settings Daemon restarted too many times.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in."