beep-media-player and gnome on freebsd

Damian res0d26i at verizon.net
Thu Jan 29 18:35:21 PST 2004

I was wondering if anybody has been able to run the latest stable
version of beep-media-player on freebsd. I have tried compiling and
running the stable version and even the cvs versions with no luck. This
is what it outputs when I run it through gdb:

This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/beep-media-player

0x28888efc in _pthread_cond_wait () from
/usr/lib/libc_r.so.5
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Error accessing memory address 0x2888d3a0: No such process.

Info:

OS: FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE
Compiler: GCC 3.3.3

I have contacted the bmp developers, but they have not been able to
figure it out due to the fact they don't run freebsd, so its not high on
their priorities. This also happened on 4.9-RELEASE with gcc 2.95.
Thanks in advance for any info that could be provided.

-Damian