Problems when upgrading to kde3.2

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Sat Feb 21 22:15:50 PST 2004

Hello,

I have a stock FreeBSD 5.1 system, with a fresh cvsup ports directory.  I
was trying to upgrade from kde 3.1.2 (which had been installed using
sysinstall and the kde package) to kde 3.2 using the portupgrade command
and experienced the following error  (I will try and and do a portupgrade
on libxml first):

found libxml2-python module
Enabling debugger
checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.5... configure: error: Version 2.5.7
found. You need at least libxml2 2.6.5 for this version of libxslt
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/textproc/libxslt/work/libxslt-1.1.3/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/libxslt.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kde3.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade54342.0 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped /
!:failed)
        ! x11/kde3 (kde-3.1.2)  (configure error)
agra#

----
Pavneet Arora

waroc informatik
Strictly high-end audio and home cinema.  Without the attitude.

phone:  416.937.WAROC (9276)    internet:  www.waroc.com