downloading gnome

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 21 13:46:34 PST 2004

>> (02.21.2004 @ 1636 PST): NeuralDecimation at aol.com said, in 0.9K: <<
> i'm sure that you get alot of emails a day so i'll try to make this short. i
> know that most people that use gnome know how to do most of this. i'm trying
> to download gnome to use it as the main and only operating system for my
> laptop. i keep trying to find a site that'll allow me to download it. every link
> that i click on just goes to a page that won't load or something. if you could
> give me a direct link so that i could download it that would be great. the only
> way for me to install it would to download it onto this computer and burn it
> to a CD in a bootable format because i have no current OS on my laptop anymore,
> i've formatted the harddrive. could you help? i'd appreciate it, and thank
> you for your time.
>> end of "downloading gnome" from NeuralDecimation at aol.com <<

GNOME isn't an operating system; it's a program. You have to install
an operating system first, and then you can run GNOME on it.

You're writing to a FreeBSD list, so I'm going to point you towards how
to install FreeBSD.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

# Adam

--