mozilla-1.6_2,2 port (once more)

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Feb 15 11:19:08 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 05:20, Jochen Keil wrote:
> Hi
>
> On finishing the compilation today i encountered some other files using lpthreads instead of pthreads.
> Unfortunatley i've used make install clean but i'm trying to remind me (i just found out how great bash history is, so i can provide you with the exact information after all :) )
> The files reside in /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/security/coreconf/:
> FreeBSD.mk
> HP-UXB.10.mk
> HP-UXB.11.mk
> IRIX6.mk
> Linux.mk
> OSF1V4.0D.mk
>
> As mentioned in my previous mail simply using sed will do the trick.

Are you saying you wish to use -lc_r over -lpthread on -CURRENT?  That
is, have you changed PTHREAD_LIBS to -lc_r in /etc/make.conf?  If so,
then yes, I believe there is a problem in the current Mozilla and
Thunderbird ports (Firefox was fixed) where -lpthread will be used when
you really want -lc_r.  However, the opposite case is not true.  If
you're trying to you -lpthread on -CURRENT, Mozilla will not link both
libraries.

Joe