FireFox configure problem

Andrew Muhametshin andrew at trifon.ru
Wed Feb 11 20:48:52 PST 2004

I have ports iconv and libiconv instaled.
But at installation from ports, all pograms based on
mozilla(thunderbird, firefox), does not find iconv and on this not
correctly save files in which names there are not latin symbols(In my
case - Russian symbols).

uname -a:
    FreeBSD inspirra.localdomain 5.2.1-RC FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC #14: Thu Feb
5 10:15:32 MSK 2004
root at inspirra.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNEL  i386
Date/time stamp from www/firefox/Makefile.:
    # $FreeBSD: ports/www/firefox/Makefile,v 1.72 2004/02/11 23:01:23
trevor Exp $
problem occur:
    configuring

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.cd /usr/ports/www/firefox
2.make configure

Actual Results:  ......
checking for iconv in -lc... no
checking for iconv in -liconv... no
checking for libiconv in -liconv... no
checking for iconv()... no

Andrew M.

Screenshots of a problem after building without iconv:
http://www.trifon.ru/mozilla-1.6b_ru_char_bug.png
http://www.trifon.ru/mozilla_ru_char_bug.png
http://www.trifon.ru/thunderbird_ru_char_bug.png