portupgrade -rf gettext -m BATCH=yes fails at gnomemeeting stage

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 8 17:36:41 PST 2004

>> (02.08.2004 @ 2029 PST): Stacey Roberts said, in 3.4K: <<
> When I check /etc/passwd, I see:
> gdm:*:92:92:GNOME Display Manager:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin
>
> Have I done something wrong?
>
>> end of "Re: portupgrade -rf gettext -m BATCH=yes fails at gnomemeeting stage" from Stacey Roberts <<

Just because gdm says its home directory is /nonexistent doesn't mean
you have to go create the directory yourself.

As I said before: /nonexistent is for when having a home directory that
exists is a security risk. By creating it, you've compromised that
particular bit of security.

What's the hostnames of those servers again?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adam at vectors.cx // adamw at FreeBSD.org // adamw at magnesium.net