xorg 6.8.1 and gnomepanel issue
Jeremy Messenger
mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 27 11:29:45 PST 2004
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:19:18 -0800, Damian <res0d26i at verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure if this is a gnomepanel related issue, metacity, or
> xorg, but here we go. When enabling xorg's composite extension and
> utilizing xcompmgr to create shadows, all windows neglect/ignore the
> gnome panel at the top and bottom of the screen by simply overlapping
> it. Maximum window sizes no longer conform to the entire screen minus
> those two panels; they simply take up the entire screen real estate.
> This makes it impossible to access the panel menus and window list
> without minimizing the other windows first to uncover the gnomepanels.
> I'm running gnome 2.8.2, 5.3-RELEASE, and xorg 6.8.1 with composite on.
> Thanks, and I apologize if this is not a gnome centric issue.
I doubt GNOME 2.8.x has any support on new stuff in 6.8.1, but I think
GNOME 2.10.x might add support more on new stuff in 6.8.1.
In the release note of xorg said that composite is experimental and
disable by default, so I don't recommend anyone to enable it for daily
desktop. I have heard many stories of it is too slow and crash often with
some DE/WM like GNOME/KDE.
Cheers,
Mezz
> Damian
--
mezz7 at cox.net - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org
More information about the freebsd-gnome
mailing list