libxslt build error

Kurt Werle kwerle at pobox.com
Fri Dec 17 12:34:58 PST 2004

On Dec 17, 2004, at 12:29 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:17:39 -0800, Kurt Werle <kwerle at pobox.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 17, 2004, at 12:16 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> No, your machine needs to be fixing. Learn to use portupgrade for
>>> update all of your apps first, before you can touch port what you
>>> are trying to install. We have libxml2 2.6.16 in ports tree.
>>
>> I did a cvsup (all of ports) right before building.
>
> CVSup only merely update your ports tree and don't update your apps
> what you already have them installed. The portupgrade will update your
> apps for you by automatic, you can install portupgrade from
> sysutils/portupgrade.
>
> You have libxml2 2.5.8, so it's very old like over a year ago or more.
> You will have to check in /usr/ports/UPDATING, read manpage of
> portupgrade and google for portupgrade to find few good articles about
> it. Update your apps that are over a year old won't be fun, I would
> rebuild/reinstall all apps.

I have already upgraded libxml and libxslt (since reporting the issue).

However, it has been my experience that most packages correctly detect
which version of a library is required and whether or not it has been
installed.  libxslt does not seem to do so in this case.

Kurt
---
kwerle at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~kwerle/