Printing problems with 2.8
Khairil Yusof
kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Wed Dec 1 01:56:27 PST 2004
On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 15:36 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> The problem I am having may be outside of Gnome, but I am not really
> sure. If I print to any printer except "Generic Postscript", I get a
> margin added to the document. This is even though the document already
> has a margin. This results in off-center printing in the best case and
> wrapping to another page in many cases. But, printing to "Generic
> Postscript" adds no margin and the output is perfect.
>
> Am I missing something in my configuration? Is it a CUPS thing or is it
> Gnome?
Can you give more information such as which printer you are using and
what filter you are using? Ie. hpijs, gimp-print etc. or a PPD file.
I have a feeling that this is a printer setup problem and not Gnome. I'm
printing fine from Evolution and Gedit with CUPS on Gnome 2.8.1, using
postscript PPD file (HP Laserjet 4050), and also using hpijs/gimp-print
to HP PSC 2110.
Additional setup details may help in tracking this problem down.
More information about the freebsd-gnome
mailing list