problem with gnome upgrade

fbsd1 fbsd1 myfbsd1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 23:13:33 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am using freeBSD 5.2.1.
I installed the gnome version commint with my distro
and do not have any problems.

After a HW crash I was noa able to work with my gnome
desktop ( nautilus reported fatal error).

I tried to reinstall gnome and nautilus, but the
problem was not resolved.

After many atempts I decide to upgrade my gnome
version to the latest one with this script:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/gnome_upgrade.sh.

Also after many error messages I am not able to
install the new gnome.
The log-file reports about problem in my X-fonts but I
do not know what to do.

After my first gnome crash I am using kde and I am not
sure if when I try to correct this error I will be
able to use kde (It is very important for me to have
kde or gnome).

Also I am not very familiar with freeBSD (I migrate
from linux before 8 m.).

Pls., help me to resolve this problem and to have
working the new or the old gnome.

many thakns in advance.