XKB configuration error

J. W. Ballantine jwb at homer.att.com
Tue Aug 24 11:17:10 PDT 2004

I had a working 4-STABLE system, and ungraded it to RELENG_5 by doing a
complete reload of the system, keeping my home dirs, and /usr/ports partitions.

I totally removed XFree86 and loaded xorg.  However, when I start gnome,
I get the XKB activation error window.  Following the notes in UPDATING,
I tried to find the XkbRules line.  However there is no XF86Config file
and the xorg.conf doesn't have one.  The xprop -root shows:

 _XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING)_ = "xfree86", "dflt", "us", "", ""
 _XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING)_ = "xfree86", "dflt", "us", "", ""

The only place I can think of it being is in the .gnome2 dir in my home dir,
but I can't find it.

Pointers on where to look are appreciated.

Thanks

Jim Ballantine