Metacity focus

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Aug 22 12:53:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 13:40 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Is anyone still seeing focus glitches on GNOME 2.6 with
> metacity-2.8.2_1?  I was thinking that if there are still problems, I'll
> revert to 2.8.1 since it looks like 5.3-RELEASE is going to ship with
> GNOME 2.6.
>
> Joe

Right now I'm having no problems with the latest metacity focusing on
Gnome 2.6.

However 2.7 is a different story.  The Window List applet used to have
issues hiding/unhiding and focusing windows.  That appears to have been
solved recently.  The Panel Notification Area Applet is still having
problems though.  Applications do not receive the window focus when
unhidden from there.  No application in the desktop will have the focus
at that point.  My guess since metacity is the same on both is that the
problems are with the panel applets and not metacity.

Tom