Upgrading -CURRENT and will downgrade GNOME to 2.6...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Aug 15 15:59:15 PDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:42:21 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

>> > On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:37:11 -0400, Adam Weinberger
>> <adamw at FreeBSD.org>

>> me to
>> already

>> > Isn't it why your machine has died from that? Poor your dear machine.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Hehehehehe! I do those runs on the jails that Joe set up for me.

>> > package or ports or both? If you haven't test with package, then I
>> can do
>> > it here at the same time test by run desktop to see if it functions
>> fine.
>>
>> Only ports.
>
> We need to be more aggressive in testing packages since that's what will
> give us the edge with attracting new users, as well as give us a good
> first impression when it comes to review time.  Since 5.3-RELEASE is
> coming soon, we need to be very sure our packages do the right thing.
> You can expect Eugenia to rake us over the coals in a review otherwise.
>
> That said, I have done a GNOME 2.7 package install a few times with good
> success.  I haven't gotten any feedback on the 2.6 packages good or
> otherwise.  Hopefully that means they work.

It seems like I am not able to upgrade 2.6.x to 2.7.x package, because the
packages of MarcusCom aren't sync with MarcusCom CVS's ports tree. The
portupgrade depend on ports tree for read the version, then grab the
version of packages to upgrade.

> Joe
>

>> # Adam
>>

>> --