Anyone care to help fix Mono threading / GCing?

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 17:16:13 PDT 2004

I've prepared ports for monodoc, gecko-sharp, and gtksourceview-sharp
(ports/7043[012]), and am ready to start working on one for monodevelop, which
configures and builds completely unaltered.  However, it fails with the
infamous "Assertion failed: (lu->lu_myreq->lr_owner == lu), function
_lock_acquire, file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/sys/lock.c, line 171." when I try
to run it. I'd really like to be able to actually use the three ports that I
spent the day making :-), but my C is nowhere near good enough to fix this. If
you'd like to contribute and help Mono on FreeBSD, now is as good a time as
any.

So far, I've narrowed it down to the code which spawns a new process (which is
why {/,-}pkg: fails). I've written some very simple C# test programs to test
this, and the spawned programs themselves never return to the parent process. I
don't know what that means in terms of the threading library, but I'm hoping
that someone here does.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-