Gnome 2.7: Mono apps do not work, gtk-sharp patch attached

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Aug 11 22:16:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:52:34 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 23:49, Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>> Hi all, currently Muine will not run on Gnome 2.7 because the gtk-sharp
>> port references the old Gnome and GTK library versions in the dll
>> mapping files.  John Cooper had already patched these files to
>> correspond with the latest library versions in the standard ports tree.
>> The attached patch will fix gtk-sharp on Gnome 2.7.  I've been able to
>> run Muine with no problems so far.  Gfax, the other mono port, does not
>> build for me because a dependency is broken on -current so I have not
>> been able to test that.
>>
>> I believe this patch will not break gtk-sharp and the mono ports on
>> Gnome 2.6 but I have not been able to test that either.  Would someone
>> please test this for me?  If this patch works fine with Gnome 2.6 and
>> 2.7 can this be committed while John is gone?  The patch eliminates the
>> need to worry about updating gtk-sharp any time there is a minor library
>> version change.  If not, I'll just keep tracking gtk-sharp on 2.7.
>> Thanks.
>
> I'd be happy to commit this, but I would like to make sure this works
> for gfax and muine on GNOME 2.6 (perhaps someone with -STABLE can verify
> this).

The hardcore stuff is nasty.. I did made a comment in old PR over at
ports/69118[1], but I don't know if it will work thought. Perhaps, you
(Tom) can give it a shot by point those libraries to *.so rather than
*.so.#.# to see if it will work.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/69118

> Joe
>

>> Tom