Gnome 2.7: Mono apps do not work, gtk-sharp patch attached

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Aug 11 20:49:24 PDT 2004

Hi all, currently Muine will not run on Gnome 2.7 because the gtk-sharp
port references the old Gnome and GTK library versions in the dll
mapping files.  John Cooper had already patched these files to
correspond with the latest library versions in the standard ports tree.
The attached patch will fix gtk-sharp on Gnome 2.7.  I've been able to
run Muine with no problems so far.  Gfax, the other mono port, does not
build for me because a dependency is broken on -current so I have not
been able to test that.

I believe this patch will not break gtk-sharp and the mono ports on
Gnome 2.6 but I have not been able to test that either.  Would someone
please test this for me?  If this patch works fine with Gnome 2.6 and
2.7 can this be committed while John is gone?  The patch eliminates the
need to worry about updating gtk-sharp any time there is a minor library
version change.  If not, I'll just keep tracking gtk-sharp on 2.7.
Thanks.

Tom