gcc 3.4 failures

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Aug 1 17:07:59 PDT 2004

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:56:07 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 19:44:58 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 19:40, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> (maintainers

>>> I did take a look at a patch from Gentoo, but I am not sure if it's
>>> right
>>> way to fix.
>>>
>>> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/app-office/abiword/files/abiword-2.0.7-gcc-3.4.patch
>>
>> This looks okay.
>
> Thanks, I will commit it.

Wait a minute, I will rather to update AbiWord to 2.0.9 instead grab
Gentoo's patch. I just visited AbiWord website and saw 2.0.9 released.

This release is a bugfix release only. The changes from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8
include, amongst others:

	-A great number of fixes to the Windows frontend
	-Fixed quite a few (table related) crashers
	-Buffer overflow fixed in the Microsoft Word importer
	-Several build fixes, and gcc 3.4 compatibility fixes

Fixes in 2.0.9 warranting the hotfix release:
	-Fix a regression in this stable branch to respect internal API
	-Fix another build-breaking problem, this with GTK API misuse

>>> If it looks ok to you, then I think I can commit it. Current, I am
>>> cooking
>>> king crab & snow crab legs and shrimps for the supper.
>>
>> Wow, sounds like you'll be eating better than me.
>
> I hope so, because it's my first time to cook the crabs. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

>>> Welcome back! nautilus-cd-burner 2.7.5 is your, because I have no idea
>>> how
>>> to fix the compile.
>>
>> Okay, I'll take a look.
>>
>> Joe