multimedia/gstreamer-plugins - stale patch (solved)

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 16:44:37 GMT 2004

This is for the archives in case someone else has this occur.

I had an issue with portupgrading multimedia/gstreamer which turned
out to be a stale patch.  It was failing at:

----excerpt----
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for gstreamer-plugins-0.8.0_1
File to patch:
No file found--skip this patch? [n] y
1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavcode
c/alpha/simple_idct_alpha.c.rej
Can't create gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavcodec/alpha/simple_idct_alpha.c.rej
, output is in /tmp//patchrHj06EE: No such file or directory
>> Patch patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_i failed to ap
ply cleanly.
>> Patch(es) patch-configure patch-ext::ivorbis::vorbisenc.h patch-ext_xvid_gstx
vid.h applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins.
----end excerpt----

The culprit was in multimedia/gstreamer-plugins/files:

  patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_i

CVSWeb confirms it was obsoleted on Wed May 7 03:22:02 2003 UTC but
for some reason wasn't removed by CVSup.  Removing the file allowed
portupgrade to do its thing.

Interestingly, this only happened on my FreeBSD 4.10-BETA box which
was rebuilt on Apr 22 09:35:27 EDT 2004.  Ports were cvsupped on
Apr 22 14:17 EDT 2004.

I checked my 5.0-CURRENT box which was cvsupped on Apr 20 14:19 EDT
2004 and the stale file wasn't there.

I'm not sure why the file wasn't removed and would appreciate any
conjecture as to why CVSup didn't remove the file.

In any event, all is well in ports land.  Thanks to all the ports
maintainers for making all this Magic ;-)

Best regards,

Randy