Evolution 1.4.6 attachment error

Mike Patterson mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 22 19:28:06 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 12:02, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:39, Damon Butler wrote:
> > I just built the mail/evolution port (version evolution-1.4.6_1), and
> > there's a problem whenever I attach a file to an e-mail: No icon appears
> > in the attachments pane. This means I can't see what files I've
> > attached, nor can I manipulate attached files (e.g., remove them). Files
> > I have attached do travel with the e-mail as expected, however.
>
> Make sure you have the latest versions of all dependent ports
> installed.  It would be best to do a portupgrade -ra to insure that.
> After that, you may have to install gnomecontrolcenter2, and run
> /usr/X11R6/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon if you're not using the GNOME
> desktop.

Thanks Joe, that worked for me.  I always do portupgrade -ra, but I
didn't have gnomecontrolcenter2 installed, nor did I run the g-s-d.
(I'd not noticed before that I lost the attachments thing, because I
don't often send attachments.)

However, I find that gnome-control-center has now taken over my desktop
settings, like my desktop background and mouse preferences (I use
WindowMaker).  Oh well.

Mike

--
They even carry fantasy -- why, just the other day at Borders, I saw
half a dozen or so titles by Noam Chomsky. -Pete McCutchen in rasfw