Kopete problems

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 21:38:42 GMT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:11:41 +0200, Simon Wagemyr <simon at bindjin.ws> wrote:

> Hi!

<snip>

> But it tells me to mail to this address, gnome at FreeBSD.org. Is it
> trying to install kopete as if I got gnome on my computer?

No, but one of that kopete is depending on libraries what
gnome at FreeBSD.org maintain. gnome at FreeBSD.org doesn't mean this
library/app is GNOME, just babysitting those.

> I've been trying to install Kopete for days, but everytime I'm
> trying something goes terribly wrong. I wonder why this happens
> and what I can do about it!
<snip>

Good question, yet you have to give us the error that you are getting.
But, so far from the list of apps you have installed shows that you need
to use portupgrade to upgrade all of your apps, because there's no Xft
(renamed to libXft), fontconfig/freetype needs update, KDE is 3.2.x now
and etc.

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.