gnome crashing + keyboard problem

Victor Ivanov v0rbiz at icon.bg
Tue Apr 13 08:00:16 GMT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:42:05AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 06:50, Victor Ivanov wrote:
> > This is a little problem, the keyboard in the terminal program (which looks
> > to be a xterm) behaves really strange. It misses keystrokes, repeats other
> > and generally makes the terminal unusable.

This was caused by kinput2 (port/japanese/kinput2). After fixing the
installation I'll test it again before switching to im-ja.

> How did you upgrade to GNOME 2.6?  If you didn't use the method
> documented at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq26.html, then shame
> on you.  You should consider blowing away your GNOME 2.6 install, and
> redoing it from scratch, or installing the 5.2.1 packages from
> http://www.marcuscom.com/tinderbox.

Shame on me :)

Ah, I was too lazy again :) I was going to do that but killing the input
server fixed the really important (keyboard related) problem. Now gnome
mostly works.... will have to rebuild from scratch ;(

Thanks for the reply.

Regards