What's wrong with the gcursor.desktop?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 03:01:17 GMT 2004

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 22:26:33 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 19:17, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think, I am getting blind. :-) I can't find what's wrong with the
>> gcursor.desktop, which it will not add in the menu. Attaching the
>> gcursor.desktop, so put it in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/applications/ ..
>
> It's the category.  If you need this to go under Desktop Preferences,
> you should put it in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/capplets.

I think, I am still a little confuse.. I don't understand why
share/gnome/applications/screensaver-properties.desktop works fine, but
not on gcursor.desktop?

screensaver-properties.desktop has:
===================================
Categories=Application;Settings;Appearance;AdvancedSettings;
===================================

If I change on gcursor.desktop like this:
===================================
-Categories=GNOME;Application;Settings;
+Categories=Application;Settings;Appearance;AdvancedSettings;
===================================

It doesn't work on gcursor.desktop. It hits on me twice today with
wesnoth.desktop, which I had to put in share/gnome/apps/Games/ instead..
But, it works fine on other games' *.desktop files in
share/gnome/applications/.

blackjack.desktop has:
===================================
Categories=GNOME;Application;Game;CardGame;
===================================

wesnoth.desktop has:
===================================
Category=Application;Game;StrategyGame;

If I change the Categories in wesnoth.desktop to have same as with
blackjack.desktop's Categories and it still doesn't work on
wesnoth.desktop.

Anyway, thanks for hint on capplets.. I have made the change with new
version of gcursor, so I am ready to send it to PR.. Same as with Wesnoth,
I had to force it install in share/gnome/apps/Games/..

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.