upgrade failed (glib-2) on FreeBSD 5.2.1

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Wed Apr 7 16:00:23 GMT 2004

First of all, my apologies to Marcus for my other email... I thought this
just forwarded to your inbox, and didn't realize it was a mailing list! :(

Next: I've been trying to upgrade a FreeBSD 5.2.1-REL install from Gnome 2.4
to 2.6 (using the script, of course). Twice now it has failed. Last night I
tried updating my ports tree and running the script again. The main window
reports:

*** UPGRADE FAILED ***

===> /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade failed to run a recursive upgrade on
glib-2*.
The output of the failed build is in /var/tmp/gnome_upgrade_log.BmGgTX.  If
you require additional help in figuring out why the upgrade failed, please
compress /var/tmp/gnome_upgrade_log.BmGgTX and send it to
freebsd-gnome at FreeBSD.org.

My previous attempt complained about glib-2 also. This round, there were
less failures though from the log (maybe because of fixes in ports):

** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! editors/koffice-kde3 (koffice-1.3,1)  (segmentation fault)
        ! ftp/downloader (downloader-2.4.1_3)   (compiler error)
        ! graphics/gnofract4d (gnofract4d-1.9_1)       (compiler error)
        ! graphics/gtkam (gtkam-gnome-0.1.11)   (bad C++ code)
--->  Packages processed: 141 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 4 failed

I'm not overly concerned about those ports, but no mention of glib-2 there.
Do I really have a failed install, or is that glib-2 error simply because
some of those ports depend on it? If you need to look at my entire log, let
me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

Thanks!