Installing gnmoe 2.6 fails in building gnome-mime-data 2.4.1

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Apr 7 13:19:04 GMT 2004

Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> wenn I make in /usr/ports/misc/gnomemimedata I get this error message:
>
> C compiler cannot create executable
>
> The log file is attached.
>
> I updated my ports tree last night. I am running FreeBSD 5.2 RELEASE.

Okay.

> configure:2038: $? = 0
> configure:2040: cc -v </dev/null >&5
> Using built-in specs.
> Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3.3 [FreeBSD] 20031106
> configure:2043: $? = 0
> configure:2045: cc -V </dev/null >&5
> cc: `-V' option must have argument
> configure:2048: $? = 1
> configure:2072: checking for C compiler default output
> configure:2075: cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -I/usr/local/include
                   conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib -lintl >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl

It looks like your gettext installation is broken. Since your ports tree
is up-to-date, your gettext version should be 0.13.1_1.

Please verify that: pkg_info | grep gettext

If it is 0.12.x or below, update it and all the ports that depend on it:
portupgrade -r gettext.

If your gettext version is already 0.13, you could try to reinstall it:
portupgrade -f gettext.

As a last resort, you can try and recompile all ports depending on
gettext, even if you already have the very lastest versions installed:

portupgrade -rf gettext (this may take quite a lot of time ...)

Simon