audio/jamboree needs to be updated

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Apr 6 20:35:45 GMT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:35:12 +0200, Simon Barner <barner at in.tum.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> It relies on old gstreamer-plugins and fails to compile.
>
> I've tried to update that port to version 0.4. It now builds, but it
> crashes when I try to add a folder to the music library (File->Add
> Folder). I was able to work around that problem by dragging an mp3
> folder from Nautilus into jamboree, but it crashes as soon as I try to
> play a song:
>
> ** (jamboree:62767): CRITICAL **: file dparammanager.c: line 337
> (gst_dpman_attach_dparam): assertion `G_PARAM_SPEC_VALUE_TYPE
> (dpwrap->param_spec) == GST_DPARAM_TYPE (dparam)' failed
> zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  jamboree
>
> I am sure this is because I hacked jamboree to use gstreamer 0.8.0
> instead of 0.7.4 ;-/
>
> I have attached my results to this email, just in case anybody wants to
> have a look (the FreeBSD maintainer is also Cc'ed), but I guess the best
> is to wait until the jamboree author releases that is compatible with
> gstreamer 0.8.0.

-gstplay-0.6:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins \
+gstplay-0.8:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins \

It should be:

-gstplay-0.6:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins \

[...]

-USE_GNOME=	gnomeprefix gnomehack libgnomeui libglade2
+USE_GNOME=	gnomeprefix gnomehack libgnomeui libglade2 gstreamerplugins

Just let you know.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.