Gnome 2.6

Ben Downer bdown at graffiti.net
Tue Apr 6 12:36:48 GMT 2004

Hi Mezz,

Okay, I tried to install gnome 2.6 on a fresh install of FreeBSD 5.2.1.

Following what is outlined here, http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q1 , I typed pkg_add -r gnome2, but this installed gnome 2.4 files, and left my machine in a non usable state (ie, new applications requiring old libraries).

Nuked the system, a new fresh install, try a different approach.

setenv PACKAGESITE "http://www.marcuscom.com/tb/packages/5.2.1-GNOME-2.6/"

pkg_add -r gnome2-2.6.0    (didn't work at all without the version number)

libgnomecanvas is not installed, so gnome apps don't work.

Hopefully its an easy fix somewhere in dependencies, but I seem to have followed all the correct steps from everything that I've read, and have gotten no where.

Thankyou,
Ben