acroread as a plugin

Brian Gruber lists at bgruber.isa-geek.com
Thu Apr 1 14:34:47 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been having this problem for some time, but for one reason or
another never bothered to report it.  I found one instance on this
list of someone else with the same problem, but I didn't see any

acroread runs on my computer without any problem whatsoever, but when
it is loaded as a plugin in any mozilla-based browser, it stalls when
the splash screen says "loading ewh.api."  My only recourse then is to
kill the acroread process, at which point my browser begins to respond
again, now with blank page.

help?

/brian