gnome-session 2.4 no longer runs $HOME/.gnomerc

Joe Kelsey joek at mail.flyingcroc.net
Tue Sep 23 09:42:30 PDT 2003

I just upgraded to Gnome 2.4 and I find that gnome-session no longer
runs .gnomerc.  I put my ssh-add command in .gnomerc so that it prompts
me on login to enter my passphrase, but this no longer works.

I run gdm normally to login.

It took me quite a while to adjust to the idiotic new Xsession
arrangement, but the ignoring of .gnomerc leaves me puzzled.  I cannot
put the ssh-add in .profile or .xprofile, since ssh-agent doesn't run
until the start of gnome-session.

Did something change in Gnome 2.4 to affect this?

/Joe