After make install clean gnome is not starting.

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 23 06:35:03 PDT 2003


Alden Louis-Pierre wrote:

> Steve Wingate wrote:
>
>> You do realize that all ".gnome*" files are hidden from normal view, 
>> don't
>> you?
>> ls -la should reveal a cornucopia of configuration confection.
>>
>>
...

>>
>>  
>>
> Come on now, give me some type of credit.  The way I presented the 
> question should have given you an idea that I'm quite comfortable with 
> the command line.  Your avg noob would not know what commands  " cd ~ 
> " or  "echo blahblah >> some_file" does .  To top it off I mentioned 
> that I've checked my ~ directory to see if I have any .gnome files.  
> Does this not give you an idea that I used "ls -la | less" to scan my 
> ~ directory? 

Take it easy man. Do you have ~/.xinitrc and what in it? I just want to 
be sure you run gnome-session not default X stuff. In case you don't 
have it create one and put exec gnome-session there. Or enable gdm and 
your system will welcome you with the logon screen.

All the best,
Alexander.

>
>
> Thank You
> Alden Louis-Pierre 
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-gnome
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-gnome-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"





More information about the freebsd-gnome mailing list