Nautilus CD-Burner setup (was Re: portupgrade -rf -m BATCH=yes atk repeatably fails)

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Mon Sep 22 12:43:24 PDT 2003

Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 20:47, Justin Hawkins wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:07:35AM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > > ======================================================================
> > > In order to use nautilus-cd-burner, you must make sure your CD devices
> > > have the correct permissions.  You must also make sure you have:
> > >
> > > device          atapicam

You will also need

device scbus
device pass
device cd

in order to get the cd burner up and running. (device cd is needed since
the cd burner scans /dev/cd?c for CD-R/W devices, unlike for example
cdrecord which uses that LUN numbering. I have some experience with that
since I spent quite a lot of time debugging the nautilus cd burner,
which did not work although xcdroast and cdrecord worked liked a charm
... ).

Regards,
 Simon