[Fwd: Re: portupgrade related problems]

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 21 08:47:56 PDT 2003


Rob,

Rob Lahaye wrote:

>Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
>  
>
>>Forgot to cc.
>>    
>>
>
>Hmm, thought I did.
>Hopefully this time.
>
It was me.

>
>
>  
>
>>Well. Then this may mean another thing. If you have ORBit2 installed 
>>your pkgconfig database corrupted (ie. one of installed .pc files has 
>>illegal syntax).
>>Can you see the output of pkg-config ORBit-2.0 --cflags ?
>>    
>>
>
>No proper output, because ORBit2 was not there.
>So I installed it manually: "portinstall ORBit2".
>
>Apparently the ORBit2 dependency is wrong or missing in the gnome2 meta-port.
>
Hmm. I doubt it. USE_GNOME contains implicit orbit2 depedency. I still 
think it was something on your end. Pretty much like staled library. You 
may try to find all ORBit-2.so* may be you have it accicentaly installed 
somewhere in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Or it wasn't removed during last 
pkg_delete for some reason. Or whatever else. I can say for sure you had 
libORBit-2.so.0 somewhere in path but ORBit-2.pc file was missed.

>
>And I tried again installing the gnome2 meta-port.
>So far so good (still compiling though).
>
>Thanks,
>Rob.
>
>  
>
All the best,
Alexander.




More information about the freebsd-gnome mailing list