Portupgrade failed: gnomedb

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 21 08:01:44 PDT 2003

Tom,

Tom Parquette wrote:

> This is a 5.1-CURRENT system updated early Sept 20.  Ports was cvsuped
> mid day Sept 20.
>
> I'm getting the following on gnomedb.  If you need the list of
> installed packages, please let me know.  TIA...

> cc: The -pthread option is deprecated.
> configure: failed program was:
>
> #line 1613 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> main(){return(0);}
> P3R-272#

You problem in depricated -pthread flag. Do this in your gnomedb Makefile

INSTALLS_SHLIB= yes
CONFIGURE_ENV=  CPPFLAGS="-I${LOCALBASE}/include" \
-                LIBS="-pthread -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lintl"
+                LIBS="${PTHREAD_CFLAGS} -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lintl"
CONFIGURE_TARGET=       --target=${MACHINE_ARCH}-unknown-freebsd${OSREL}
PLIST_SUB=      VERSION=${PORTVERSION}

Btw. Early this day seen backout commit in gcc specs so there is another
way. This will be in cvs later

All the best,
Alexander.