GNOME 2.4 make install errors

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Sun Nov 23 18:49:20 PST 2003

[ ... snip ... ]

> > install: drivemount-C.omf.out: No such file or directory
> > gmake[5]: *** [install-data-hook-omf] Error 71
> > gmake[5]: Leaving directory

[ ... snip ... ]

> This error is most likely caused by a missing library (my money's on
> either libxslt.so.1 or lbiintl.so.4).

Mine, too ;-)

> However, you haven't included
> enough information to know for sure.  The actual cause of the error is
> occurring much higher up in the actual gnomeapplets2 build process.  You
> need to include the entire build output.

I saw exactly the same error message (bla-C.omf.out: No such file or
directory) in at least one other recent mail. It's because
ports/textproc/scrollkeeper could not find the old version of libxslt it
was linked against.

Reinstalling at least that port or better a `portupgrade -r libxslt'
should cure the problem.

Joe: Perhaps one should add the scrollkeeper example to FAQ #2?

Simon