Evolution-1.4.0 vs Gnome-2 Apps menu listing

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Fri Jun 27 13:53:28 PDT 2003

Hello,
     Sorry about the late response to this thread.., I've moved home
since submitted this post, and have only just gotten Internet-access
sorted with my new ISP.

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 18:47, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 14:45, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,

> > > Restart gnome-panel, or logout, and log back in.  It shows up just fine
> > > for me.
> > >
> > I've logged off of X, logged out of the console, logged back in and
> > whilst the "name" Evolution appears under the Office sub-menu of
> > Applications, there is no Evolution icon next to the name.
> >
> > Also, clicking on the "word" Evolution in the Office menu returns an
> > error:
> >
> > Can't launch entry.
> >
> > Details: Failed to execute child process "evolution-1.3" (No such file
> > or directory)
>
> This was fixed the night of the Evo 1.4 upgrade.  You can either edit
> the evolution.desktop file manually, or do a forced update of Evo.

Thanks for this, Joe. I actually portupgraded Evolution last night and
it appears to be fine now. Although, I can't seem to change the font
size - everything's so big.

I wanted to ask about the delayed Gnome startup problems that's returned
to this machine again.

I realise that this is another thread altogether, and wanted to check
with you first.

Regards,

Stacey

--