Can't build gimp port

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Jun 21 05:31:50 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:25:38AM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > I do not know what file to patch. May be you can tell me?
> > And this does not depend on FreeBSD version. I tried to install this
> > port on 4.8 and 5.1 and got the same result.
>
> Remove /usr/ports/graphics/gimp1, then re-cvsup your ports tree.  After
> that, you should be set.

This is most likely because you installed the ports collection using
sysinstall, and then updated it using cvsup without first "adopting"
the existing sources as explained in the cvsup FAQ on
http://www.polstra.com - failing to do so can leave behind orphaned
files that have been removed from the ports collection.  See Q12 and
Q13 for more information.

Kris