Evolution 1.4 Date Time Trouble

Bob Van Valzah Bob at VanValzah.Com
Thu Jun 19 07:16:28 PDT 2003

I find that Evolution 1.4 doesn't seem to know what time zone I'm in.
(Yes, I'm certain that my clock and timezone are set correctly.)  I see
that others have recently reported similar problems here.  The advice of
updating to 1.4.0_1 hasn't worked for me.

I've looked back through my Sent folder and I see something
interesting.  The correct offset from GMT was given while I used Evo
1.2.4.  It went to +0000 when I went to Evo 1.3.92.  The problem
continues now that I'm on 1.4.0_1.  I see these symptoms on both my
desktop and laptop systems that went through the same Evo source upgrade
path.  (Both are very recent 4.8-STABLE.)

Maybe this only happens to folks who tried 1.3.92 because it left
something behind that's confusing 1.4?  Just a wild guess since the
problem doesn't seem to be widespread.

I also note that the forward and backward navigation arrow icons in the
folder bar are not rendered (though the nav function is present when the
space is clicked).

Any ideas?

	Thanks,

	Bob