question for gst-player users

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at mail.ru
Tue Jun 17 23:14:27 PDT 2003

All,

Before to bother thread guys I would like to confirm two things from
some one else running -current or 5.1 systems. I assume bellow your
system was built with /etc/make.conf contains WITH_LIBMAP=yes. Can you
reproduce following behaviour?

1) Test gst-player against different threading libraries

    Add following entries to your /etc/libmap.conf

[/usr/X11R6/bin/gst-player]
libc_r.so.5             libc_r.so.5
libc_r.so               libc_r.so

[gst-player]
libc_r.so.5             libc_r.so.5
libc_r.so               libc_r.so

    Run gst-player and start playing some video. Check system idle time
(ie. from top). Is it zero?

    Edit /etc/libmap.conf and change entries added above this way

[/usr/X11R6/bin/gst-player]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
libc_r.so               libkse.so

[gst-player]
libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.5
libc_r.so               libkse.so

    Run gst-player and start playing some video. Check system idle time
again. Is it above zero this time?

    Repeat two previous steps with kse -> thr.

2) Test gst-palyer play/pause/play hangup

    Run gst-payer and start playing some video. Press pause button,
check if player UI responds (ie. menu navigation). Press button again
(to resume video). Can you see video playing? Does UI still alive?

Just in case. Please do not reply if you already see more than 1K