Evolution spell checking?

Mike Harding mvh at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 17 21:18:34 PDT 2003

Works great, Joe - thanks!  I guess I got complacent because this had
been enabled in previous versions by default.

   From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
   Cc: FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome at freebsd.org>
   Date: 17 Jun 2003 21:39:46 -0400

   --=-HkQ+kNE2lrBTe2BrLFuA

   On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 21:22, Mike Harding wrote:
   > is this not working any more?  It doesn't seem to do anything for
   > me... does it work for anybody else?  I am of course talking about the
   > latest update.  It's nice to have your mail spell-checked so you don't
   > look like an ideot.

   You'll have to go into Tools->Settings->Composer Preferences->Spell
   Checking, and Disable then re-Enable spelling for American English.=20
   After that, click Ok.  Note, this assumes you're using Evo 1.4.0_1.=20
   That should properly update the gconf settings.  If that doesn't work,
   check the logs for missing shared library errors.

   Joe