gnucash port segfaults on me

Martin Klaffenboeck martin.klaffenboeck at gmx.at
Mon Jul 7 02:34:54 PDT 2003

Am 2003.07.07 04:34 schrieb(en) Dave Bodenstab:

>   [At this point I get a message box that pop's up with:
>
> 	  Application "gnucash" (process 800) has crashed
> 	  due to a fatal error.
> 	  (Segmentation fault)
>
> 	  Please visit the GNUME Application Crash page for more
> information
>
>   bash-2.05b$ GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG=1 gnucash
>   Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>   bash-2.05b$ ls
>   guile.core	orbit-imdave	typescript
>   bash-2.05b$ exit
>   exit

So please run:

$ gdb gnucash
(gdb) r
and after the crash:
(gdb) bt

If you have only 'no debugging symbols found' messages, so deinstall
gnucash and install it with

$ cd /usr/ports/finance/gnucash
$ make STRIP= CFLAGS="-O -pipe -g" install

and try again, now you should have some debugging symbols (mostly not
all, but possible enaugh)

and paste the output of '$ bt' (backtrace) here.  I'll have a look at
this.

Martin

--
If you've got an idea and need help,