gnomepilot2 gpilotd

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Apr 23 20:15:49 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 23:06, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
> Joe, I'm getting closer.  I've done a clean install on a different
> machine with gnomepilot-conduits2-2.0.5 and gnomepilot2-2.0.5.  Now I
> can't compile evolution.  Configure fails because it can't find the
> gpilot library.  I believe I've tracked this down to the failure of
> gnome-config gpilot.  That seems to fail because gnomepilot2-2.0.5
> doesn't install a gpilotConf.sh script as the old gnomepilot-0.1.71 did.

gnomepilot2 is incompatible with Evo 1.2.x.  You will be able to use the
upcoming Evo 1.4 with gnomepilot2, however.

> Is it legit to just copy over the old one and update the version number?

No, it won't work.  You can always hunt down through the gnome@ archives
for the instructions I posted on getting the Evo 1.3.x development
ports.  They will work with gnomepilot2.

Joe