fontconfig 2.2.0 on -stable

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Apr 22 19:27:27 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 21:12, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > libIDL-2.0 is the module installed by devel/libIDL.  You really should
> > be installing either Mozilla 1.0.2, 1.3, or 1.4a.  1.2 is no longer in
> > the tree.
>
> I figured out the libIDL-2.0 reference after looking around a bit more...
> Should have done that first.
>
> I am trying to install Mozilla 1.3 -- trying being the operative word.
> (The reference to 1.2 was simply an attempt to get anything to work since
> I've been without a browser for a few days now.  Need a faster
> workstation, all this compiling takes most of my day.  *shrug*)  It
> would seem (from the Makefile) that Mozilla 1.3 (from ports) depends on
> glib-1.2.10_9.  However, it also depends on libIDL-0.8.0_1 which in turn
> depends on glib-2.0.200.

No.  By default, Mozilla depends on gtk12 and ORBit.  If you have
WITH_GTK2 defined, or you're building www/mozilla-gtk2, then it depends
on gtk20 and libIDL.

>  Trying to build Mozilla 1.3 would at first
> complain about a missing glib.h (despite it being installed, as far as I
> knew).  After completely removing glib (and libIDL since it
> depended on glib) Mozilla builds a bit longer and
> adds glib 1.2.10_9 from ports as indicated by its Makefile...  I began
> to get excited (my mistake), then it died complaining libIDL isn't
> installed...  Why wouldn't it simply install it if it needs it?  That's
> how it's worked in the past... Installing libIDL manually installs the new
> glib which makes Mozilla again complain about glib.h.
>
> So I'm not quite sure of the right way to proceed...  Do I go ahead with
> the libIDL install, sucking in the latest glib...  Then deal with the
> problems it causes for Mozilla?  I thought just uninstalling everything
> and letting the Mozilla port sort things out for itself would have been
> the sanest method.

If you just want th Gtk+-1.2 version of Mozilla, make sure you have
devel/ORBit and gtk12 installed.  It sounds like you may need to
reinstall ORBit.

Joe