AbiWord2 crashed, here's gdb msg...

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Apr 22 13:24:28 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 16:18, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> Here's what I did to get AbiWord2 crashed. I copied something messages that
> are more than ten lines and paste on AbiWord2. Then, ctrl+a (to
> select/highlight all) and it crashed AbiWord2. I did the test and it crashes
> at all the time, which I lost one and half pages that I have written. From
> now, I am using gedit. :-P
>
> gdb: http://mezzweb.com:81/show/abiword2.txt
>
> If you think, I should submit the bug report over at AbiWord's website,
> please let me know.

Sorry, as a hint to them, take a look at:

#0  0x081f327f in fl_BlockLayout::getSpanPtr(unsigned, unsigned const**,
unsigned*) const (this=0xd0d0d0d0, offset=3503345872, ppSpan=0xd0d0d0d1,
    pLength=0xd0d0d0d1) at fl_BlockLayout.cpp:1989

See the 0xd0d0d0d0?  That's the fill pattern used by our malloc when AJ
flags are enabled.  Doing ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf should workaround
this problem, but it looks like there is some memory management problems
somewhere in AbiWord.  It's weird that the this pointer has been freed
(or maybe malloc'd but not assigned).

Joe