Nautilus 2.2.3.1 crashes if I enter themes:/// (seg fault)..

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:55:17 PDT 2003

> > >Bug-buddy's backtraces can be quite useless sometimes.  It might be
> > >better to bind gdb to a running Nautilus then capture the the bt once
>it
> > >dies.
> >
> > How do I stop to get Gnome2 run Nautilus automatic? I stopped fam and it
> > still keep get Nautilus runs by automatic. I tried to use killall and
> > nautilus --quit.. Looks like I will get in Openbox and run Nautilus with
> > gdb.
>
>Run gdb against the running nautilus PID.  For example:
>
>gdb /usr/X11R6/bin/nautilus 12345

I figured by went to session and change 'restart' to 'normal', then type
nautilus --quit.. It works and thanks for tip. I learn something new and
will use your tip. :-) Anyway, here's a link of gdb nautilus:

http://mezzweb.com:81/show/nautilus2.txt

> > >[snip]

> > >I was able to use themes:/// in -STABLE.  I wonder if this is a malloc
> > >bug.  Can you do ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf, and see if the problem
> > >persists?
> >
> > The problem still exist with aj.
>
>Okay.  That's weird, because it does work on -STABLE.  Hopefully the
>backtrace will prove helpful.

Do I need to reboot or restart Gnome2, when I do that?