Latest fontconfig and freetype rock

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:42:18 PDT 2003

>I had been using a ~/.fonts.conf to turn off anti-aliasing for fonts
>smaller than 10, since they looked really bad.
>
>With the latest versions (fontconfig-2.1.94 and freetype-2.1.4) the auto
>hinting and antialiasing has GREATLY improved. Fonts look spectacular even
>at lower sizes.

Cool, looks like I will need to upgrade the fontconfig sooner. There's
something flaw in Xft2/Fontconfig, thought. The flaw is black background and
white font, it renders worst and suck. It's one of my most annony. I heard
that Keith (author of Fontconfig) and X team are going to work on this issue
(I think render issue).