Gnome Terminal prompt on local machine ?

Nelis Lamprecht nelis at brabys.co.za
Thu Apr 17 07:05:12 PDT 2003

Hi,

Not sure if this is to do with Gnome Terminal or X itself. I'm curious
as to how you get to use your own prompt when you open up a session
through Gnome Terminal on your local machine ? I know how to set prompts
in the .profile but it doesn't work when you login locally and I've
tried adding it as a "command" but that didn't work either.
Sorry if this may seem trivial but it's trivial things that usually
frustrate me more when I can't figure them out.

Kind Regards,
Nelis