Location of files for gnumeric2

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Apr 12 13:49:36 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 14:39, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Seems like a good week for learning more than I wanted to about the guts
> of Gnome2.
>
> I was trying to import a text file into a gnumeric spread sheet. This is
> something I did often in the past, but that was before Gnumeric2. Now I
> get errors that files could not be opened.
>
> Gnumeric tries to open
> /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/gnumeric/1.1.16-bonobo/glade/stf-druid.png. But
> that file seems to be in /usr/X11R6/share/picmaps/gnumeric.
>
> How does Gnumeric (or bonobo) know where to look for files? What do I
> need to kick?

Last time I had to track down a file location issue in Gnumeric2, it was
in libbonoboui.  Assuming Gnumeric is still using that interface, it
should have been fixed.  Can you tell me your work flow so I can try to
reproduce this problem?

> I also have a null list for trim types which seems to lead to a fatal
> error since no trim type is selected. I suspect this is also an inability
> of gnumeric to find files.
>
> Any clues or pointers for reading up on this?

Not sure.  Again, what exactly are you doing in Gnumeric to produce the
error?

Joe