galeon-1.2.9 gettext build problem

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Sat Apr 12 07:03:19 PDT 2003

V so, 12. 04. 2003 v 12.49, Pav Lucistnik napsal:

> Hi, I'm updating Mozilla/Galeon on my 5.0-RELEASE system. Galeon
> compilation bombs on undefined Lgettext:
>
> ContentHandler.cpp: In member function `virtual nsresult
>    GContentHandler::PromptForSaveToFile(nsISupports*, const PRUnichar*,
> const
>    PRUnichar*, nsILocalFile**)':
> ContentHandler.cpp:367: `Lgettext' undeclared (first use this function)

> Problematic line is:
> NS_NAMED_LITERAL_STRING (title, _("Select the destination filename"));

Tracked it down to macro expansion:

Mozilla header string/nsLiteralString.h defines:

#define NS_NAMED_LITERAL_STRING(n,s)
NS_NAMED_MULTILINE_LITERAL_STRING(n, NS_LL(s))

and

#define NS_L(s) NS_LL(s)

so it looks like my compiler expands NS_NAMED_LITERAL_STRING macro, and
then when looking how to expand NS_LL(s) macro it used NS_L(s) macro
instead of desired NS_LL(s) macro...

My C++ skills ends here :( anyone can help? My gcc is stock from 5.0:

# c++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021119 (release)

I don't have any non-standard options in /etc/make.conf

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
Oh, no! Aaargh! It is the most unnatural, most disgusting