Gnome infrastructure, ports, and plists

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Apr 11 16:14:37 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 19:06, Dominic Marks wrote:
> Hey,
>
> One of the ports I maintain (audio/easytag) installs the file
> easytag.desktop into $PREFIX/share/gnome/apps/Multimedia/ I would assume
> that since the port adds it, it is also the ports responsibility to
> remove it if the port itself is removed. However, I thought I'd check
> since this file lives inside the "Gnome World".

It is definitely your responsibility.

> So my real question is should I add this file to my pkg-plist, or take
> some alternative action.

Add it.  You should also depend on gnomeprefix as that way, you do not
have to worry about removing the enclosing directory.  As a general
rule, you should always remove _files_ your port installs.  Directories
might be tricky.  Don't remove directories listed in mtree files or in
the plist of misc/gnomehier.  Hope this helps.  Please let us know if
you have any other questions.

Joe