Continuing problems with updated gnome 2.2 on CURRENT

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Apr 9 09:40:18 PDT 2003

I have now re-built my world to CURRENT as of yesterday. I have
re-compiled and replaced all gnome tools (portupgrade -rf
pkgconfig). This took just a little while. :-)

Now that this is done almost everything is working, but I still can't
run gnome-system-log from the menu although it is fine from the command
line. I get an immediate crash with the message "Application
"gnome-system-log" (process 75308) has crashed due to a fatal error.
(Abort trap)"

I also log the message:
gnome-system-log in free(): error: chunk is already free

Finally, every time I start Gnome I get the message:
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
three times. I have no idea what this is about. Nothing obvious is
failing.

1. Any idea why gnome-system-log dies?
2. Are the "gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds" messages anything to be
   concerned about?

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)